Re: radiator cap

There is a blank-off cap on the radiator (It isn't and should not be
an ordinary radiator pressure cap). They can and do leak and the cure
is to remove it and either replace the rubber gasket or sometimes a
little silicone is enough to fix it. Be careful as it is on a plastic
neck and if you are not careful it can break. As always do not work on
it if it is hot as you will burn yourself with hot coolant. The
radiator cap on the overflow bottle can be tested by a standard
radiator pressure tester with an adapter for the cap. Check that it
holds 15 psi and will release any more than that but it doesn't leak
under pressure and the brass cup on the bottom is not stuck so it can
release any vacuum. They don't fail any more than on any other car.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757