Re: [DML] R-12 -Vs- 134-a

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "David Swingle" <dswingle@xxxx> wrote:
> Maybe that's why Grady considers upgrading the condenser an
integral
> part of the R134 conversion. It's often been stated - "there are no
> drop-in conversions". Everything has issues, whether its the lower
cooling capacity or potential maintenance issues. It is well known
that R134 does not cool exactly the same as R12, uprating the
condenser at the same time to overcome this would seem to make
perfect sense. I're really glad that it's even available!

> Dave Swingle

Hello David,

I just wanted to clarify that Grady did not say i had to replace the
condenser, I did this of my own choice. The reson I elected to do
this is 2 full.

1. The old DMC condeser has aluminum fittings and are very prone to
striping, and I felt as though this could be a potential problem.

2. My old condenser was looking very rough.

One more benefit I forgot to mention is that my car is running about
5 to 10 degrees cooler (in stop and go traffic with the A/C on) I can
only assume that this is due to the cooling fans pulling cold air off
the condenser through the radiator ?????? Im not a certified mechanic
so I'm sorry I don't have better explanations for what I have
happening with my D, I can only offer what I did and the results.

Thanks And God Bless...
noflux@xxxx

82 DMC
__ __