weird hissing noise

I've been having this weird hissing, screeching noise coming from my
steering column or under the dash. I can't even pin-point the exact
location of the noise.
Also, it makes this noise completely randomly. It hasn't made the
noise for a few months, and now it is happeneing about 80% of the
time I'm driving.
It's pretty loud and very annoying to say the least.

I thought it was completely random, but it seems that if I flash my
brights, the noise will stop. Sometimes it stops for a few minutes,
and sometimes a few seconds, before the noise starts up again.
So I'm thinking it has something to do with brights. But I have
absolutely no idea what...
could there be something loose or what?
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me ?

Thanks
Jim Teston #15314