[DML] Re: plastic clutch line syndrome?

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "William F. Lane" <blane@xxxx> wrote:
> Mads,
>
> I had my plastic clutch line replaced with a solid steel line in
the early
> eighties. I don't think anyone had thought of braided ss lines at
that time. Yours
> was probably replaced early on also.
>
> Bill Lane

Was that a SOLID Line from Master to Slave,And,Wouldn't the
Viberations from the motor cause premature cracking or splitting in
the solid line.Again that is the reason the car makers have rubber
lines(or Braided Steel lines)attached at the ends of solid lines
where there is areas of viberations )(EX:The Fieros have a combo
Solid with Braided Steel lines on their Clutches)(engine,suspension
areas ect)

Claude
000570