From: lovdmc12@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2001 3:39 PM
Subject: [DML] hesitant DeLorean

After washing my DeLorean the other week, I took it for a drying off drive.
The car felt funny and sputtered a little during acceleration. When it got
up to around 3000 RPM's it was fine. It cruised along at 70 MPH with no
problems. I assumed something in the engine compartment had gotten wet.

Another week went by, and I took it out again. I had the same problem, so I
check all the sparkplug wires and all were sealed tightly to their plugs and
the distributor. I checked and found no signs of water in the plugs wells
either.

I took the car out Saturday morning and again it hestitated during
acceleration until 3000 RPMs then it once again steadied out. However, while
cruising the interstate, it began to sputter and jerk aa little at 70 and 75
MPH. It didn't doi it all the time just sometimes. The car also idles a
little rough, I mean the car shakes. The tach shows it idling around 1000
RPM, but the engine isn't running right as the car has never shaken before
during idle.

I'm wondering what the problem is. Is it possible that it's the primary
pressure regulator? I'm trying to get her back in shape to go to the ETDOC
meeting at Biltmore, so I don't have but a few weeks to figure this out and
get the car fixed. Any suggestions from the list would be greatly
appreciated.

Brian
VIN 1597