Re: [DML] Cooling fans refuse to work right

Re: [DML] Cooling fans refuse to work right

Aaron,

It sounds like you still have an out-of-range otterstat (or fan switch as
you call it).

All otterstats are not made to come on at the same low temperature. The
original one on my car does not come on until the 220 degree mark. The new
one comes on at 180 degrees (If I remember correctly.)

Try this: take both your old and new otterstats out and drop them in a
shallow pan of water with a thermometer and boil them one at a time on the
stove to see what temperature they switch at. You should hear a little
click when they switch, but it helps to hold onto them with the alligator
clips from a continuity meter. Your cooling system will run at least as hot
as the otterstat dictates.

Walt Tampa, FL