Re: [DML] e-bay cars (was DMC Prices)

In a message dated 06/13/2001 9:44:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
michael@xxxx writes:

<< I would personally be interested in hearing other people's accounts of
either buying or selling DeLorean's through e-bay. Tyler, let us know how
it was from a buyers perspective (especially if you though the car was
miss-represented). >>

In my opinion, those selling the car on ebay fit into two categories. The
seller either has no interest in the car, acquired through inheritance or
divorce settlement, lost interest in DeLorean, etc., etc. The rule of thumb
is that good cars sell within the clubs. I sold my car to another DeLorean
Owners Association member.
Most of the cars that I have seen on ebay are very neglected. I remember
several of the car offered on ebay are junk yard bound, wrecked, and the
sellers even tell the bidders that the Title is salvage, mileage unknown, car
has no updates, etc. Once in a while a nice looking car will appear...however
the mechanical operation of the car is questionable.
In addition, the used car dealers buy the cars at used car auctions. One
particular auction is the Mannheim "high line" auction where classic and
exotic cars are traded between dealers.
Usually the dealers have no interest in the car other than making a
profit with the least amount of investment to improve a 20 year old car.
Additionally, the current issue of DeLorean World has several DeLorean's
advertised for more than $20,000.

Regards,
Michael Pack
DOA 4743