Re: [DML] Cooling problems

Sacha, To test the fan circuit, short out with a clip lead, piece of wire or
a paperclip the two wires coming off two 1/4" terminals on the otterstat,
temp switch on the lower left water pipe. They point down and it's easy done
from underneath the car. If the fan circuit is working, relay's and all, the
fans will come on, if not then you will have to find which component is
failing. Fuses, relay, circuit breaker so on. If your car has all the
original parts. Then there is some replacing that needs to be done. All the
parts are on my web site to fix it up. As for the water pump, if it wasn't
working then you would hear the bearings grind or you would see water coming
out of it.
If the fans come on, and the water pump is ok, then all you may need to do is
bleed the air out if the water system.
Easily done by attaching a small 4ft rubber hose on the water relief valve
on top of the thermostat on the top of the water pump. Make sure the water
tank is almost full , heat the car up and take a I think a 10mm wrench and
turn the valve counter clock to release water or air into a bucket. If you
watch what's coming out you will see water or air. Do this a few times to
make sure you have got out all the air and then when your through bleeding,
make sure the water bottle is filled to the correct level. You can also buy a
self bleeder which I also show on the site. If after bleeding and the fans
don't come on, the otterstat/temp switch may need to be replaced or you could
have two bad fans.
Call if you need any help.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/modification.htm