Automatic trans - GC fixed

Thanks Mark and Walter for your help.
My Governor problem is sorted out ! Ater taking the pcbs out of
the small white box next to the transmission, I cut the plug in
two parts and flapped out the two pcbs. Now I could examine them
properly for the first time. I found two burned tracks! After fixing
them with a piece of wire, I installed the whole thing in a box
in the engine compartment. First test drive with the fixed and
updated (new caps and additional 0.1uF over IC GND and VCC)
Governor - WONDERFUL ! Never had my Delorean shifting so
nice, smooth AND at the right time.

Arne

> I found it! But not in the archives. I found it using a search utility on
> my own hard drive. I suppose it won't hurt to have the whole thing re-posed
> to the archives again -- it is very valuable advice in my opinion.
>
> Also about starting in second gear. Yep, I stand corrected. I was
> remembering what my old (bad) GC did with a blown cap. With both solenoids
> off, you are in 3rd gear.

[moderator snip]