Re: [DML] Powder Coating?

Scott,

I had my frame powdercoated at a place near me on long island. The
price was relatively cheap....$850, now that includes sandblasting the old
epoxy off (the guy who did it said that it was a b*tch to do) and to
powdercoat the frame, trailing arms, front suspension parts, and some rear
suspension parts and also delivering it back to me. Before they blasted the
trailing arms, we tried to match the original epoxy color, and the color that
we found was called "Cal Grey" but when the frame was all done, the color
came out a little lighter then the original color, but I am happy with how it
came out. I had them do the frame and the trailing arms in that cal grey
color. Then I had them do all the suspension parts in black wrinkle, which
all I can say is that they came out great! I would highly recommend them
again if anyone else in the ny/long island area wants to have any parts
powdercoated (contact me for info) They said that they tried their best in
getting all the hidden parts of the frame, I think the powdercoat goes on the
frame bare. The night before they powdercoated the frame, the sandblaster
had dropped it off, and I saw it when it was a bare frame, they didn't say
anything about putting something on it to prep it. Hope that helps. If
anyone has any more questions please e-mail me directly. Thanks!

Later,
Nick
1852
<A HREF="Http://members.aol.com/njp548";>Http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>