Jumping the RPM relay

With all the talk of jumping the RPM relay, I want to add something
to it. If I'm wrong on this someone correct me.

When you jump the RPM relay and the engine is not running, if the
injectors are still in the heads (pointing into the cylinders) aren't
you dumping raw fuel into the engines cylinder?? If the pump is
running then it is building up pressure and opening the injectors to
spray.

If this is the case then not only are you going to flood the engine
but you are "washing out" the cylinders which is very bad. It will
wash out any lubricant (engine oil) that has coated the cylinder
walls for protection.

If I'm not wrong about this then I think the safest bet for anyone
that wants to troubleshoot their fuel problem and needs to jump the
RPM relay is to remove the injectors and place them in suitable
containers...like a glass jar or something.

Steve