Re: [DML] Crappy acceleration...

One of the things Michael Loasby mentioned at Eurofest was the fact that
many design changes added weight to the car and the gear ratios were raised
to maintain gas mileage figures. The Lotus Esprits of the 80's used the same
transaxle with but with different gear ratios and the final drive gear
ratios from the Lotus would benefit the DeLorean. The DeLorean used a 3.44:1
final drive while the Lotus used a 3.88:1. Unfortunately the ratios for
first through fifth in the Lotus would be too high for the low powered
DeLorean. One thing that is obvious is that horsepower isn't the only area
the DeLorean would need adjusted to become a true performance car. On the
other hand, the higher final drive makes the DeLorean a great cruiser for
higher speed over the road trips.

Bruce Benson