[DML] Automatic transmission

> GC or lies elsewhere. This diagnostic is thoroughly explained in the
> archives -- if you can find it! :)

Unfortunatly, i could not find it. Can somebody provide the link?

> the rear window where you can watch them from the rear view mirror while you
> are driving.

I will try this. Two solenoids end up on three cables. I measured
+12V against ground on all three when I put in Position D (with
ignition on and motor off). Do they have constantly a shared 12V
cable and are switched against ground ? Does somebody
know the pinout.

> If you determine that the problem still lies with the GC then check the
> electrical connections at the firewall. They use banana-jack type
> connectors and can be made more firm by very VERY slightly crushing them
> with pliers.

I tried this - but did not help.

> solder ball points looked absolutely ok." I suppose that you are correct in
> your observation, but your terminology is strange. What do you mean by a
> solder ball point?

Sorry, that was just the wrong expression - i am german :-)

> installing them.) If the caps are polarized, maybe you put them in
> backwards.

This is ok.

> By the way, did you put the modified PCB back in the GC or did
> you mount it externally in a kit box? Just curious...

Next time, I work on the "computer" it will surely land in a box ;-)

> Second gear. Your symptoms sound like your GC is either not connected or
> completely not working. Someone mentioned in the archives that unplugging
> the GC electrically allows the transmission to be shifted manually. I tried
> this before, and it didn't work. Unplugged, the transmission starts out in
> 2nd gear -- not 1st.

I checked again. It is the third gear. A look in the manual G:04:01
(thank you jtrealty(AT)webspan.net) will verify this.
Today in a testdrive I found out , that I can manually change the
gear from D (the not shifting 3rd gear) to 2 what really shifts in
the secon gear. Unfortunatly shifting manually to Position 1 does not
cause a shift in the first gear. Sounds like a difficult one ?!?

Don't laugh, but I already start thinking about overriding the whole
computercrap with a manually gear changing possibility. Maybe in
connection with the automatic bar.
Has anybody had the same crazy idea - or maybe a solution.
I read about one guy, using a knobswitch. It should be a little more
comfortable but must be of course avoid to switch to first gear,
while driving 70mph ;-)

Arne

Beta LAYOUT GmbH
Feldstrasse 2