Hunting at startup

Mine doesn't. It did. In December it was terrible, at startup would go
from about 500 rpm to about 1500 rpm, or more. I found that I could
hold the accelerator at 1000 and it wasn't too bad. I set the idle stop
at that point, still maintaining the idle micro switch in the closed
position. I got on the list and asked what to do. One and all said I
couldn't control the idle with the stop but since I was doing it and it
was working quite well, I asked for something else. The usual answers
were given, close enough. I took it to the local smog station, they put
it on the Dyno and reset the mixture, I replaced the oxy sensor and put
a golf tee in the adjustment hole, set the idle stop back down and I now
have as smooth an idle at startup as you could ask for. Starts alertly,
no hunting (I think Dick Ryan said the same thing about his). Only time
it hunts is after it gets hot and is shut down for a bit and then is
started up again, a little hunting for about 10 minutes of driving and
that's it. If your unit doesn't hunt at startup relax and enjoy! I
mentioned previously that I get a tad over 26mpg so I have to believe
things are about as they should be.