Re: "Door Ajar" Light

Stian wrote:

> Problem: The "Door Ajar" light in the instrument panel
> won't go off! Both doors close correctly and both doors
> locks correctly. Yet, the light won't go off.

Do your interior light work? I have experienced something similar on my car when
the #12 fuse is out (I now have a switch for this). Somehow there is some sort
of "feedback" causing the light to light with this fuse removed. It doesn't make
any sense because of the diodes in that particular circuit, but putting the fuse
back in (or flicking the switch to "on"), makes the light behave the way it is
supposed to be. Maybe yours is the same, but since it's a DeLorean probably not ;-)

I've spent the last week working out several "bugs" and I must say it sometimes
looks as if they were looking for exotic solutions instead of systems that were
proven to be reliable.

Don't get me wrong: I LOVE my car AND working on it, but soem things really DO
seem stupid. The Angle Drive and Power Window system for example, or what about
the mode switch using vacuum???
On that last one; what's wrong with bowden cables? I like to be able to
determine the amount of airflow and the division between the vents myself. On
our DeLoreans you can only select the amount by varying the speed, the division
between footwell, windows and vents is predetermined...

Anyway, who cares; I still enjoy driving it, even with (or maybe just because
of) all its' little stupidities or funny habits (like a tachometer that allways
rests at 2000 rpm ;-)

Enjoying the stainless,
even though I still do not know how fast I'm driving,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at: