Re: [DML] K&N Setup from Eurofest

Air flow is sucked from the bottom of the engine bay from the
underside of the car, and is exhausted out thru the engine cover and
louvers. Takes a little getting used to in the summer when you look
up in the rear view mirror to see the constant mirage following you
around :)

Trust me, you do not want to have the fresh air intake for the engine
located in the engine compartment. Aside from the motor itself, you
also have the catalytic converter and the muffler in the compartment
as well that are generating a good amount of heat themselves. Aside
from water, a motor also rids itself of heat via hot exhaust gases.

I don't know if removal of the louvers would change things by
allowing air flow to come down from then roof, and across the engine
cover. If it does, I suppose then that you could go so far as to
create a "shaker" hood (or engine cover) for an air filter. But the
bigger question remians: Why bother? There's already 2 cool air
intakes and plenty of room for innovation around the engine.

-Robert
vin 6585