Re: [DML] Question about on-car spin balancing tires

I spin-balance on-the-car the tires on my '38 Buick, '81 DMC, & the ho-hum freebee '78 Volare'. All four tires can be balanced on the car & it is felt this is a bit more "thorough" technique. Drive Stainless Robert VIN 6924

From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] Question about on-car spin balancing tires
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 17:31:47 -0400

Hello all,

I've just received my four new Yoko's AVS Intermediates. I plan on taking
them and my D to a location that performs the "on car spin balancing" of the
wheels.

Question #1: Do the tires/wheels need to be separately spin balanced BEFORE
mounting on the car to be "on-car" balanced, or should they just mount the
tires on the wheels, mount the wheels on the car, and then spin balance them
on the car?

Question #2: They claim they can only "on-car" spin balance the front
wheels. Is this correct?

Thanks,

-Hank #1619

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html