my car runs again!!!!!!!!!

Hello All,

yesterday i got my car back from Valley Imports here in Fargo, ND. they were
able to fix it!!!!

the mechanic there found that the pipe that goes from the intake to the idle
speed motor was not seated correctly - that was my vaccum leak! also an
o-ring was missing somewhere and he thinks my control pressure regulator
might be a little crappy. but anyway, he got all tuned up correctly and it
starts after about 1/2 a second of cranking and it holds an idle very
steadily. the car seems to be tuned PERFECTLY again! not a single sound of
weird engine noise or erratic behavior. this is GREAT!!

to recap:
about 3 months ago my DeLorean VIN11596 suddenly wouldn't start one morning.
i discovered a massive fuel leak by my fuel accumulator and my fuel pump
support boot was completely full of murky water. i had the car towed to an
amoco where they fixed the fuel leak but was unable to get the car to run
again. now in hindsight i think these guys did more harm than good with
their fooling around back there. i had the car towed home where i began work
on the car myself, where i discovered my fuel pressures were sitting around 8
bar!!!!. i wound up draining and cleaning my tank out, buying a new fuel
pump, cover boot, upper and lower hoses, connectors, new injectors, all new
hollow bolts, removing my fuel distributer for cleaning and lubrication,
swapping parts with another owner, removing my air meter housing for cleaning
and testing, and basically tearing apart and rebuilding the whole K-Jetronic
fuel injection! last week i put everything back together and found that my
fuel pressure was back to within specs. however after three days i could not
adjust my CO screw to make the car turn over and idle, even for 2 seconds.
so i had the car towed out to a local BMW/audi/porsche dealer and just
yesterday they finally fixed it.

the total cost to me on this whole ordeal turns out to be around $1500 for
new parts and a few hours of professional labor time. but you know what? i
don't care!!! i have a DeLorean in my driveway again and it runs like it
was always meant to!!!!!!!!!!!

many many MANY thanks go out to David Teitelbaum, Marty Maeir, Steve Rubano,
Dan, Dave Swingle, Mike Griese, DMCJoe and PJ Grady, John Hervey, Bruce
Benson, and everyone else who i may have forgotten or took the time to drop
me a line with suggestions - and just for the record, every email was read
from you guys and i actually TRIED everything you guys suggested! it really
does make a difference!

i'm just happy we have the DML so i was able to do the majority of the work
and troubleshooting myself. or else $1500 could have easily expanded to
$4000!!

many thanks to everyone, and i'm back in business!!

as Jim Reeve says,

DRIVE STAINLESS!
Andy Lien

Soma576@xxxx