Re: Stainless Steel air filter box

In a message dated 5/30/01 5:58:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Whalt@xxxx
writes:

> My idea of the stainless air box is two fold:
> First, a stainless top to the engine would look really cool. But secondly,
> making an entirely new filter box that will house a K&N filter without
> adapters makes it all worth while. Making just a new top half while

I'm interested in this too. Last year I discussed it with Dirk Wacker (I
gave his link on a prior e-mail) and he said he could do one, if he had one
on hand for reference. (Not a cheapie project, though.) I haven't got time
to pursue this personally... just passing it along. The OEM filter box is
pretty ugly. I'd love to replace mine with something decent looking. A car
at Eurofest in the People's Choice competition had a K&N breather on it.
Looked stock, complete with K&N logo. Not real huge... about the size of a
large soup can. Of course, it eliminated the heat stove, outside air intake
etc. I don't know the overall impact of that design change. James Espey can
probably give you the name of the owner... it was red.

Wayne A. Ernst
DMCTech Group