[no subject]

Well this is perfect timing. I have just had a similar problem
with my car. I had taken it to my old high school for an alumni event
and it overheated in the parking lot. I bled the system, and now its
been blowing antifreeze out of the overflow tube at temp. My
assumption is that the person who I bought the car from had an
incorrect mixuture of water/antifreeze in the car, mostly water I
assume. I poures in straight antifreeze and seemed to help. MAKE SURE
YOU GET THE AIR OUT.
-Jay
--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Ryan Foster" <westiething@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey list,
> I have been having overheating problems with my DMC. I have a new
> Thermostat, In case it is stuck closed. I Just changed the coolent
Useing
> Prestone silver. It is phospate free. I purged the system of air.
Well it
> seems as I got all of it out. I opened the bleeder on the
thermostat
> houseing and the small upper radiator line in the passinger front.
I started
> up the car and it reached 220 degreese and kept rising!
> First the Fans never kicked on but the enging and the coolent
lines all
> around it were hot. (maybe an air bubble, or bad thermo switch).
The
> radiator was stone cold like there's no circulation. I know the
lines are
> clean and the fluid flows good because I flushed out the system.
Could this