From: paulheymeson@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 7:48 PM
Subject: [DML] still clonking

hello list,

You may remember my post about a clonking noise on the front wheels.
I had a lower ball joint put in and it still clonks.
So I jacked up the wheel drivers side as this is where the sound
comes from and shook the wheel up and down and side to side It
would,nt make the sound!
I looked at the bushings and swaybar bushes and although they don't
look great there does not appear to be any play at all.
With the wheels lowered in there normal state though,If you pull the
wheels about both sides I can hear a slight clonking the same sound
when I drive.
Could this be a steering problem?
Bear in mind that the clonking sound only happens when you go over
bumps in the road,on nice flat roads you can't hear it.

Help please.

Paul UK(where flat roads are few)