more hp, do it yourself - please advise

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: There has been a lot of discussion in the back issues on HP inceases and there is generally no free lunch to be had. However, those that have experience with the DMC upgrade might be able to shed some light on their experiences.]

so, since i am looking at about 3k to get my engine right, does
anyone know whats involved in the 200hp upgrade from Delorean Motor
Company in Houston TX. i figure if the engine is going to be out
anyway, i'd like to get more performance, i know they quote about 6-
7k for the work, and if i could do the same work for a bit under and
not have to ship cross coast, it seems to make sense, 3k - no gain 5k-
200hp seems the way to go to me.

jake