Re: DMC Long Island dealer

I have been to Gullwing Motors on several occasions. He has a very
varied and interesting group of cars and it changes quickly. Don't be
fooled by the name, he does not specialize in any particular type of
car although he has a large amount of British cars of all makes. He
does not seem to do much to the cars there except clean them a little.
Some of the cars are beaters and some are real gems. He usually knows
his prices so don't expect to find a bargin. I think most of the cars
are on consighnment so between what the owner wants plus his commision
the cars can get pricey. If you are seriously loking for a "D" then
contact P.J. Grady and they will either help you find one or they have
something already. You could also use them to help determine the value
of the car you find and usually they have a history on all of the cars
in the surrounding area. As a side note a Delorean was in the N.Y.
Times this past week for $18,500. Generally when these car dealers
wind up with an "exotic" car they price it too high when you consider
what it will take to get it into good running condition. Any
warranties they give are worthless as they are unfamiliar with the car
and couldn't fix it properly anyway. About the only protection they
offer is that you can go back to them if there is a problem with the
title like in if the car was stolen and some offer some kind of
financing. Another good source to find a "D" is your local club. At
Mid Atlantic's door adjustment several cars were for sale.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757