Re: [DML] speedo..

Andrew,

You may have set yourself up for a more expensive repair down the road. That is
not the end of the speedometer cable that you epoxied to. It is the input shaft
for the angle drive. The dust shield (p/n 105104) is a $15.00 part. The angle
drive (p/n 106130) is $240.00 part.

Normally, if the angle drive fails, the shaft freezes and will break off the sides
of the square hole in the dust cap and make it round. But often the angle drive
can be removed, disassembled, cleaned, lubricated, and saved. With the two
epoxied together, I doubt that you can even remove the angle drive.

Hank Breer
VIN 1141