Stuck passenger door.

My passenger door now has decided not to open. The upper trim panel
is off, and when pulling either the internal or external door handle,
it does appear that all of the connecting rods are working correctly.
However, the door will not unlock. When pushing the lock down, or
turning the key on the outside, the door refuses to unlock. Everytime
I turn the key into the fully unlocked position, it just snaps back
into place without unlocking. The door doesn't appear to be jammed,
it just won't unlock! I can see the white plastic pieces in the door
that connect to the locking mechanism, and they both turn freely with
no trouble.

To give a better idea, both of my doors have guide blocks installed,
and the power door locks were disabled a long time ago.

I am no longer scratching my head over this. I'm pulling my hair out!

-Robert