Re: A problem!

A noise that happens on a manual transmission car in neutral that goes
away when you step on the clutch is related to the manual trans. When
you step on the clutch you disengage the trans from the motor and the
input shaft stops turning. If it is a bad input bearing it stops
making noise when it stops turning. Fist thing to do is to make sure
that the trans is full with the correct oil. You might try changing it
first but if the noise is noticeable you are probably looking at
pulling the trans and clutch. Another possability is something out of
adjustment in the shifter mechanism. If it shifts well that is a dim
possability.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757