Re: Water Pump and A/C Idler bearings

While you are at it don't forget to repack the Flux Capaciter with
silicone grease!

That "oil hole" is there so if the seal on the water pump leaks the
coolant doesn't flow through the bearings. The bearings are "lifetime
lubricated ie: they never need maintainence until they die. On many
antique cars they had a grease cup that you would give a twist to once
in a while. They stopped doing that in the early '50's. Generally the
seal will wear out before the bearings so no lube is required. You do
however need to change the coolant once in a while to replace the
additive package including the "water pump lubricant" which is for the
seal, not the bearings.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Arnie Brandon" <Arnie@xxxx> wrote:
> Walt, your are just kidding us re oiling that little hole in the
water pump,
> right? If you are not kidding, you are totally WROMG.
> Arnie

Since the