Re: Electrical Glitch; loose connection?

Re: Electrical Glitch; loose connection?

Hello,

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, shirazcupala@xxxx wrote:
> I had a similar type problem with the alarm going off randomly like
> that or the whole car just shutting down completely either while
> parked or in the middle of driving. Then working just fine at other
> points.

I thought this was the first time this happened, but I now recollect
ONE instance on which something similar happened, but that was over 6
months ago!

> My mechanic traced it to a VERY loose battery connection
> behind the panel directly below the rear window. You have to remove
> that carpeted piece to check it. He said it was very loose.

I know what area you mean, probably best to check this before I take
it
out for the clubmeeting next sunday. Is it really a battery
connection
or a bunch of wires you mean? Ah well, I'll just see: I've had the
rear
wall out several times before (to mount speakers in it and a
CD-changer
and fire extinguisher on it) so I've gotten real handy in removing it.

> Tightening that up fixed all my electrical problems. I
> just wish I had found it myself because it cost a bundle to have my
> mechanic find just a loose connection and tighten it up. I now
have
> learned from some PNDC club members that this is a common loose
> connection on DeLoreans.

I had never heard of this before, but I'm going to check for sure.
My front grounding point is OK; I cheked this while I was in there
replacing my horns and lubing the Angle Drive...
Or maybe I've knocked somethin loose being in there? Another thing to
put on the "before sunday list" ;-)

Thanks to everyone who's responded so far,
I'll let you know when I find my culprit,

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

Check out the DeLorean-Files at: