Re: Electrical Glitch, is this bad??? (quite long)

Re: Electrical Glitch, is this bad??? (quite long)

Jan,

I had a similar type problem with the alarm going off randomly like
that or the whole car just shutting down completely either while
parked or in the middle of driving. Then working just fine at other
points. My mechanic traced it to a VERY loose battery connection
behind the panel directly below the rear window. You have to remove
that carpeted piece to check it. He said it was very loose. It's on
the passenger side and is the connection that goes thru the firewall
into the electrical box on the passenger side of the engine
compartment. Tightening that up fixed all my electrical problems. I
just wish I had found it myself because it cost a bundle to have my
mechanic find just a loose connection and tighten it up. I now have
learned from some PNDC club members that this is a common loose
connection on DeLoreans.

shiraz