Re: Hood Problems

I have this problem as well. You need to move the hood down further
towards the front fascia. There are 2 hinges for the hood. You
slightly loosen the 4 bolts on each hinge attaching to the hood. Then
close the hood but don't latch it. To do that I layed a folded up
towel over the latch and wipers to cushion the latch. Then you gently
tap or push the hood down until you get proper alignment in the
front. Then _gently_ open the hood again and tighten up the bolts.
You may or may not need to also detach the struts at the hood. You
must have another person if you're going to detach the struts, and
it's good to have an extra hand for the whole thing if you can.

On my car I ran into an additional problem. One of my hinges is bent
up at a higher angle than the other preventing that side from going
as far forward. So one side aligns well in the front and the other
has extra gap. I tried bending it on the car (after removing the hood
completely) but was afraid to force it and break the attachment point
on the fiberglass. One day I'll remove the hinge itself (when
removing the facia) and then bend it for proper fit. Oh well.

shiraz