Re: oil filters

In a message dated 4/27/01 9:54:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
srubano@xxxx writes:

<< The oil filter on the D is on an angle where the highest point is the
threaded part and the lowest point is the rounded part of the filter.
It can hold plenty of oil in it after the engine is off. >>

Some people have put adapters on between the filter and the engine to be able
to fit a non-standard filter. Maybe that was done to yours before you got
it. My filter sticks straight out horizontally like a doorknob, and I believe
that's normal. (I was just gazing up at it today, actually... having my
trailing arm bolts replaced.) So, at least 1/2 the oil would drain out
without a check valve. No big issue to me, I always use the Purflux from my
D vendor. I always keep one on hand. Why struggle? Why arm wrestle over a
few pennies? My dad used to say, "if you have to ask what gas mileage it
gets, you probably can't afford it." I'd say if it's too much to pay for the
correct oil filter... you get the idea.

Wayne A. Ernst
DMCTech Group
p.s. It was nice to meet you at last, on Sat.