[humor] the best oil filter from a sensible source

[humor] the best oil filter from a sensible source

Some of you guys may not understand that some of us other guys have a
self-sufficiency ethic that somehow makes us feel humiliated having to buy
seemingly mundane parts from exotic places. When the local auto parts
stores are chock full of various oil filters -- even supposedly some very
high quality ones -- some of us would rather walk into one of those places,
pick one off the shelf and pay a cashier who knows nothing about the part we
are buying (and therefore cannot pass any judgement on it). That somehow
suits our personalities better than calling an expert from out of state and
saying, "Duh, I need an oil filter for a DuhLorean because I'm not smart
enough to find one locally."

Well, read this and laugh. But many of you feel this way to some degree.
Admit it! After doing the mental gymnastics, I was actually able to buy a
filter from a DeLorean vendor. It was part of a larger 'tune-up' kit. If
given a choice before hand I would have opted-out on just the filter. But
now that I have seen that nice new part with the extra oil plug gasket taped
to the top of it, I rather like the idea of buying filters from a vendor.
Don't be ashamed guys! There are no DeLorean vendors out there who hang up
the phone saying, "I just sold an overpriced oil filter to a moron who
wasn't smart enough to find one locally." I am convinced that the Purflux
filter for what you get is really the best filter for the money when
compared to some of the even more expensive high end filters which you can
buy locally. The next time you order parts from your favorite DeLorean
vendor, just ask them to include an oil filter or two. It's simple, really.