Re: Fuel System..Still

For a description on what goes on inside of the fuel distributor,
follow this link:

When I get a chance I'll update the posting for items such as the
Primary Pressure Regulator and others.

It definately sounds like you have a problem with fuel delivery TO the
3 injectors. Before you touch the distributor, try connecting one of
the free flowing injectors and hoses to the distributor where one of
the 'clogged' injector hoses is connected to. This will determine if
the problem is with the hoses or not. If there is no change, then you
probably have an issue with your fuel distributor. As an alternative
to purchasing a new unit, there are BOSCH service centers that can
rebuild the unit for only a couple to a few hundred dollars I believe.

If your system is running too rich, it's because the 3 injectors that
are working are probably spraying out double the amount they normally
would. I wouldn't worry about your oil, nor your oxygen sensor just
yet. Granted the extra gas on the sensor isn't good, but it's not
going to go bad this quickly. I've had both my car, and my muffler
glowing red from a fuel mixture that was too rich. And my car runs
just fine now.

Anytime you are dealing with an issue with your car, only focus on the
problem at hand. It can be easier and cheaper to repair a whole lot of
little things than the more difficult/expensive item that is really
causing the issue. This kind of repairing is taxing of your patience,
your time, and your wallet. What you can spend on the little items can
add up to the cost of the one expensive item that you need, if not
exceed it in some cases. Trust me!

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Jerry Harry" <jerryHarry@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello List,
> Well I'm still trying to get my fuel system repaired and working.
> All three of the injectors on the rider side are free flowing, lots
of gas. Each will fill a quart jar in just over one minute.
> So, three new injectors from DMC Houston! Look good but same
problem on all three. This can not be a bad injectors, one maybe, 2
would be a real push but all three bad, doing the same thing as the
old ones, not likely.
> What goes on inside the fuel distributor?
<SNIP>