Additional Gold DeLorean & 'Chromed' D?

 There was also another Gold Painted DeLorean that sat sadly in the
parking lot of the 'Unclaimed Freight' store near Bethlehem, PA off of
I22/I78 from around 1985 till about 1989 then disappeared. It was owned by
the then owner of the store (I talked to him several times). I have a
picture of it somewhere in sad shape @ home. He had it 'painted' in real
gold flakes by someone locally as I recall, however, he left it outside to
the winter and summer ravages of weather, with windows open...need I say
more. The car then was broken into, stereo removed with a crow bar it
looked, and gold 'scrapped' off from various locations on the body...guess
someone was going to make a gold ring or chain. Additionally, before the
car got in this sad shape, it was bright and shiney going down the road. I
saw this several times. The guy told me he had taken it (drove it) to a
show or business somewhere for display, and covered the car on the return
trip on an open back trailer after he had recently had the gold
applied...need I say more regarding the 'flapping motion' of the cover and
damage to the 'paint' (gold). It was a several hundred mile trip from what
he told me as I recall. He was upset when he got home after spending all
that money on the gold and then lost ALL interest in the car from that point
on. I tried to buy it from him several times, however, he was not
interested as he 'lost so much money' on the gold process. He did not even
want to talk about the car and repeatedly told me he did not care what
happened to it (but would not sell it either). Just wondering what ever
happened to it? He also told me that the same shop that did the gold work
for him was working a another DeLorean to have the pannels all chrome plated
when they 'painted' his car. The shop was going out of business due to the
EPA restrictions according to him regarding the chroming process. He told
me it was "very bright from those panels that were done". Does anyone know
about this car and if it was ever completed (chromed car)? Sorry, I do not
recall the vin on the gold car...too long ago.
Joe Fedeli

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/