Re: [DML] DELOREAN PARTS ON E-BAY

I've been looking at all these parts - and I have a few thoughts.

First, I'm curious what happened to the entire car, and why the guy is
parting it out piece by piece in such a hurry.

Second, I feel like I'm watching Quincy (err...maybe CSI) or some gruesome
aftermath of a plane crash - and here are fragments of what's left of the
body. I mean, the binnacle looks like a decapitated head with its eyes open
(the tach still at 2000 RPM, the fuel at 1/2 and the pressure and
temperature gauges still in the normal range). It's almost like you can
piece together it's last dying moments. The wiring harness looks like
intestine surgically removed for medical examination. The armrests look
like limbs torn off in the accident. The steering column looks like ROBOCOP
yanked it right out while it was still "alive". It's a sad sight overall.

Finally, we can see that it was a manual/gray car with hood grooves without
a gas flap. How many of this combination was produced? Any guesses (or real
info) behind the history of this car?

-Hank #1619