Re: [DML] Re: help! no power to fuse # 7

Re: [DML] Re: help! no power to fuse # 7

In a message dated 4/14/01 1:23:30 PM Central Daylight Time, dherv10@xxxx
writes:

> Andy, Why are you having to jump the rpm relay all the time. When the
> ignition is turned on the pump will run for a second then when the
> engine turnes over the pump will start up again. If it doesn't, you
> may have a bad pulse coil.If your going to keep jumping it. Then just
> swap two wires in the socket and it will stay on when ever the key is
> turned on. I agree with DMCjoe about the brown hot wires and the fuse.
> John Hervey

Hello John and others,

i have to jump the RPM relay to test my fuel pressure and other fuel related
problems. my car does not run. it will turn over and fire but it will not
start up. i do not have the luxury of having a car that is actually running
while i troubleshoot my problems!! the RPM relay is really the only way to
go , as long as i am by myself in my garage where i can't reach the ignition
from the fuel pump or the engine compartment.

also, i found the problem with my fuse block. what a stupid problem it was.
i found that a previous owner had jumped fuse 7 out of the block on a fused
jumper, and the fuse that was in there was a dummy just to have in there. i
found the fuse holder for # 7 and sure enough, it was blown! replaced it and
things work just fine again.

i should have known it was jumped!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx