When do Injectors inject?

I believe the Bosch fuel system is continuous injection, but at what time
does this occur? In the test in the manual for testing primary/control
pressure- and the RPM relay is removed and shorted to make the fuel pump
run- Wouldn't the injectors be injecting at this time? Isn't that just a
bad idea?

Also- Can I measure the fuel pressure at the injector with the fuel pressure
gauge? Would this be a valid test for verifying the fuel distributor is
distributing fuel to all 6 with consistent pressure?

help!

Jim