Re: [DML] Revision to Two-Tone Interiors...2-Tone Seats!

Re: [DML] Revision to Two-Tone Interiors...2-Tone Seats!

In a message dated 4/9/01 11:31:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
deloreandude@xxxx writes:

> Go check out www.thegallerias.com and study the pics of the custom D.
> Please
> tell me what the owner did to perform such a cool mod...is it a leather
> dye, or some
> experiment with left-over parts at the factory in the '80's?

The seats were never two-tone from the factory. however it is possible to
redye them, and who knows what the dealers were doing when they couldn't even
give away DeLoreans towards the end....

and no, chrome wheels were not an option. mine were chromed by a previous
owner though. looks very nice if done correctly! the 83's are just like all
the others with the exception of the power antenna added in late 1981/early
1982 and then the plain hood w/o grooves or fuel flap, which was introduced
in 1982 also. the 82 and 83 model year cars are identical, unless someone
can prove me wrong! there are some minor technical changes between 81 and 82
though, however most changes occured whenever it was convenient and not at a
model year change.

the only options were manual or auto tranny, and then the ski rack, sheepskin
seat covers, and plush floor mats. the car is pretty loaded before that
anyway!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596