Re: Fan speed "3" is gone.. CORRECTION

I wrote:

> First thing I would check is if the contacts are all in the sockets, not
> pushed down, when that's the case check if you get any power to the
> sockets; there should be +12V at 2 of the contacts, ground on one,
> one ground THROUGH THE MOTOR AND RESISTOR #3 and one contact isn't used.
[snip: look at my original post for the diagram]
> 1 and 2 should have +12V on them, 5 is ground, 3 isn't used and 4 goes
> to the motor through the last resistor.

What I forgot to mention is that the power to 1 comes from the speedswitch, so it is only
there with the speed set to "3", 1 has +12V with the ignition on, the rest is permanent...

Sorry for the confusion.

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000