Re: Charging Battery Bubbling Noise

If you were charging a "sealed" battery (one that you can't open the
caps to the cells) and you heard it "bubbling" you were probably
overcharging it. The best way to charge a battery is long and slow.
Never let it get hot while charging. 8 hours on a high rate of charge
was probably too much. Be very careful to never charge a battery that
has been frozen, some of the plates may have shorted together and in
extreme cases they have been known to explode! If you have the time
hook to a trickle charger and check daily till fully charged. Load
test to measure the amp-hour capacity of the battery. If it is less
than 80% of listed capacity consider replacemant. You should always
remove from car while charging. Never smoke or use open flame near a
charging battery, it is giving off hydrogen gas.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757