Re: ANNOUNCEMENT DMCNews and DMCTech

As it is right now, the DMCTech site is still young, but does show
some potential, along with a few questions. However, I am more then
just a bit concerned about one thing: copyright. The rules of the
list for the DML do not mention copyright anywhere within. However,
the rules for the DMCTech list state the following:

Copyright policy: This site is copyrighted by the moderator, Wayne
A. Ernst. Any subscriber may use the information contained herein
for their own personal use, but it may not be reproduced without
written permission. Contributors retain the right to use their own
material in any way, but also grant to DMCTech the right to reproduce
or distribute it in any way, shape or form, with or without credit,
free or or for a fee, and without remunertion.

Will this now apply to the DML as well? I don't mean to be a pain or
anything, but I do NOT wish to have someone profit off of my hard
work and time. Especially if my knowlege is used to write a manual or
book that someone else will profit off of. What I do contribute to
the DML I would rather have freely distributed for no charge except
for the distribution costs while maintaining proper credit for
myself. I realize that I do not speak for others, but I would also
like thier opinions as well on this subject matter.

Open source = open knowlege.
FreeBSD/FreeDMC!

-Robert