Re: fuel pickup hose missing

Aaron King wrote:

> First off, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me find he cause of my fuel supply
> problem. As it turns out, the hose that connects the fuel pump to the baffle is completely
> missing (!), which means the fuel pump is sucking gas directly from the top of the tank. I
> looked on delorean.com and the part is $91. Does anyone else know of a replacement that
> does not cost as much? Will standard fuel line work just as well?

As other people have allready pointed out; the composition of the hose is
different since it has to be able to be submerged in fule all the time and the
hose is bent in a special way.

What you also need to remember is that this is a SUCTION-line;
this puts very different kinds of stress on the hose than would occur on a
PRESSURE-line like the one running to the back of the car to the engine.

Like those before me pointed out; buy the $91,- hose, you'll probably never have
to worry about it ever again as opposed to a standard line that would
deteriorate and fall apart with a very real chance of ruining even more
expensiove parts!

Good luck with the repair,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...