Re: [DML] Fuel Pick Up Hose Substitute.

I'd like to back Robert up on this one. When I made the first attempt to
redo my in-tank fuel system, I needed both the pickup hose and a return hose.
I did nuy the original pickup hose, but tried to make my own return line.
(Even the metal part of my original was rusted out.) The replacement return
line I fabricated was a combination of metal line, like the original and
rubber FUEL HOSE from a local part store. The setup was in the car, (but not
really driven) for about a year when I had to reopen the tank. THE ENTIRE
OUTER LAYER OF THE "FUEL HOSE" WAS GONE. The middle layer of cord was
showing. As Robert stated (and I know now) even "fuel hose" is only
gasoline resistant on it's inner layers. As much as I hate to admit it, the
original parts are the only way to go here. I have since ordered the new
parts from DMC Houston.

Steve
VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
www.angelfire.com/md2/projectdelorean