Re: A new DMC owner with a problem

I would not recomend using standard fuel line tubing inside the tank.
The rubber coating that is on the outside of the tude will
dissintergrate over time and mix in with the fuel...very bad. As high
of a price the pick up line is, it's worth it. The tube is not a
straight line, it's curved in a few places...like a winding snake.
The tube from what I understand is a new type of tube, not the OEM
ones. The Delorean vendors had them remade and they are alot more
durable.

As for your door problem....it sounds like the link that goes to the
outside door handle and the link that goes to your outside lock have
either fallen off of have been disconnected. You'll have to take the
door trim off to look inside to see what the problem is.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "The Floodle" <floodle@xxxx> wrote:
> First off, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me find he cause
of my fuel supply problem. As it turns out, the hose that connects
the fuel pump to the baffle is completely missing (!), which means
the fuel pump is sucking gas directly from the top of the tank. I
looked on delorean.com and the part is $91. Does anyone else know of
a replacement that does not cost as much? Will standard fuel line
work just as well?

> Also, another problem popped up this week. The passenger side door
does not open from the outside. I found that the door cannot be
locked or unlocked from the outside either. Get inside the car,
though, and it opens, closes, locks and uclocks fine. It has me
puzzled. Any ideas?