RE: chassis frames

I haven't seen a response to your question yet, so I'll give it a shot - the
only difference I know of between the A/T and manual frames is at the point
where the shifter sits. The 5 speed shifter sits down inside the frame a
couple of inches, and I believe with the A/T frame the shifter sits on top.
I have one frame I got out of a junkyard in CA where someone air-chiseled
out the 5 speed shifter mounting plate - must have been converting an A/T
car to manual, I guess. And ruined a fixable frame in the process.....

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive