Re: [DML] Firestar 500 info

DML,

Another DMC owner, Brad Vincent and I stumbled on the tooling to produce
the fiberglass underbody for the DeLorean.
In addition to finding the molds, we found documentation related to
reproducing the stainless steel panels for the car. There were hundreds of
letters and information related to the reproduction of the panels.
There are companies and especially important, the talent to reproduce
the stainless steel panels with or without the molds.
Evidently, JZD almost went into production in Columbus Ohio. Former KAPAC
parts manager Jerry Rhine explained the circumstances to the final end of the
DMC-12.
DeLorean had investors and the working capitol ready to start production
in Ohio...however as the story goes, one of the investors backed out for a
number of reasons (Divorce) and the rest is history.

Mike Pack