Re: [DML] Oil Change

FYI, at least for a time, Castrol GTX was one of only 2 american oils allowed by Porsche, (that would still maintain warranty status). The other was not a well known brand, I don't remember what it was.
(My wooden nickel's worth) Castrol GTX at the top, Pennzoil at the bottom. Don't know about synthetics.

Good basic write up, only thing I do a little different, I've always filled the oil filter with oil in a vertical situation and on a horizontal I put in what I think I can get away with without dumping it
on the ground. Just an old habit to make the oil pumps' job a little easier and get the oil circulating faster. As to hand tightening the filter, never worked for me, kept getting leaks (must not have
gorilla hands) always snug it up a bit tighter than hand tight...no leaks, no problems.

Les