Factory 170mph speedo??

Dear Group,
I have come across 2 DeLoreans in my area and there is one in
particular I have a question about. It is VIN 02727 and the owner tells me
that it is a factory twin turbo with a factory 170 mph speedo on it. I have
not seen the cars yet but I am going to look at them on Sunday. I want to
know #1 if a factory twin turbo can have a VIN that high, and #2 if there was
a factory 170 mph speedo. I only know of factory 140 speedos (very few of
those, maybe about 4 or so) and 240kph speedos for the Canadian and Euro
models. Please help me out here folks! For those that are interested the
other is VIN 01458, owner does not specifiy anything special about it. Thank
you all for your time.

Regards,
Darren Decker
VIN 05000