strange pinball game sounds? headlight related?

strange pinball game sounds? headlight related?

Hey all,

a couple days ago while trying to get my high beam lights to turn on, i was
flipping the turn signal stick back and forth and pressing the headlight
switch. i don't remember exactly what i did, but all of a sudden i heard
this crazy computer-like sound coming from somewhere and now the brights
refuse to work. i think they were working when i tried the flasher mode of
the stick, but when i tried to get them to stay on by pushing forward, they
wouldn't work.

the sound was sort of like an oscillation - i can't remember if it went up or
down in pitch. it lasted probably half a second but it was not good sounding
- like something just totally fried. i wish i could describe it better but i
don't even really remember it now.

anyone have any ideas? in a way i wish i could make it happen again because
it sounded pretty cool! how do i know if my high beam module is fried?

thanks,
Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596