Re: *sigh*... today is one of those days

Re: *sigh*... today is one of those days

Water damage can range from just driving through a deep puddle to the
car being parked in a low area and completly submerged for days. Some
things to look for:
1) Pull up the carpeting and look for mold or mildew sometimes your
nose will find it even if you can't see it.
2) Lift the car and look for areas where dust should normally collect
and for signs of stains or watermarks.
3) Look for debris in unusual places like leaves, bits of foam and
paper.
4) look at the general pattern of rust.
It really takes a little experience looking under cars to see what you
are looking for and to interpet the signs. If the car was flooded it
is very likely never reported unless there was an insurance claim. If
the water was clean and it wasn't in too long problems don't occur
immediatly anyway. I have also seen on many cars that after sitting in
storage for extended periods when you take them out after a short time
all kinds of things start to go wrong. I took a shot in the dark but I
think not knowing the history of the car it must be considered so you
can know what to expect.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 3/21/01 9:11:20 PM Central Standard Time,
> jtrealty@xxxx writes:
>

> > If the car was indeed in deep water an experienced
> > eye could see that and if it was then you could reasonably
anticipate

> Hello David,
>
> this is an interesting side to my problems. i do not know if you
are right
> or wrong. i checked the title history on this car and there were no
problems